Thursday, 6 March 2014

What Would You Do?

If I had seen someone being racist towards another person just because of their race or religion, I would speak up. In the episode of What Would You Do? that we watched in class, a man was being very rude and racist to a store cashier (both men were actors.) If I had seen that happening, I would have done what most of the people in the video did and tell the man how rude he was being and tell him to leave if he wouldn't accept the service. If I didn't stand up, I feel like I would feel terrible about myself for not helping someone when I could have. I know I would want someone to stand up for me if I was in that situation. 

As for the episode where a woman would fall down and see how long it would take for someone to help or call an ambulance I would definitely call 911. I also would for the man who had more trouble getting help because he was a man and looked homeless. I wouldn't necessarily want to personally help, but I would call and get help and wait around until someone showed up. I would do the same for the drunken man.. Many people did not want to help him because he appeared to be homeless and drunk, which would make people feel like it was his own fault and that he didn't deserve medical attention.   

No comments:

Post a Comment